Today I am missing my best friends very much! Two are relatives. The other two are former co-workers. I would love to get together with any or all of them right now. Distance is the issue. As previously stated, I live in NE, and these women live in the Midwest and CA. Hardly a day trip!
Fortunately, we stay in touch via e-mail. Unfortunately, cyber hugs just aren't the same.
I am also close to three much younger women. Two are relatives I have known since their birth. Both are happy, doing very well and live far away. I am proud of them, and try to have a positive impact on their lives. They certainly put a positive spin on mine.
The third is someone I met about eighteen months ago. Even though she is twentysome years younger than I and from a completely different culture, we are kindred spirits. Her family lives in a different country. As far as I am concerned, she is another cousin or third niece. Yet, I view her as an equal as I know that she can and has taught me things about life. Gladly, I see her weekly since we share a common activity!
My experience is that I can learn from people of all ages and backgrounds. The qualities I value in a
My experience is that I can learn from people of all ages and backgrounds. The qualities I value in a
person are universal and ageless. I cherish the interest and joy so many add to my life.
"One's family does not have to consist only of relatives." quote by suze
"One's family does not have to consist only of relatives." quote by suze
1 comment:
Distance is so hard. This is a beautiful blog. I love your message of self esteem and positive thoughts. I just added you to my list on my blog! I meant to sooner, and didn't quite do it!
Post a Comment